Sarongs are a lovely piece of cloth that can be used for a variety of purposes apart from just wearing it. But most of the customers when purchasing a sarong are not sure about how to take care of them. Like any other clothing, sarongs too need some special care so that they can last long. Below, I have provided some of the methods based on the type of fabric, which is quite effective.
How to Care For Your Sarongs?
Follow these simple instructions, to clean and care for your sarongs:
- Rayon Sarongs
- It is highly recommended to hand-wash your rayon sarongs because it helps to preserve the colors.
- There is one more effective way which consists of the following 8 steps:
- Unfold your sarong and shake it out.
- Put it in the washing machine.
- Set it to cold water rinse with themedium water level. No need of adding detergent.
- After the washer is done, take your sarong out.
- Now put it in the dryer and add some fabric softener. Set it for 30 minutes.
- Clean the lint filter after 30 minutes and run the dryer for another 10 minutes.
- Take the sarongs out and lay them evenly on a flat surface.
- Run your hands over the sarong to the wrinkles out.
- Silk Sarongs
- Use cold water to hand-wash your silk sarong. Use a sponge or brush to remove any stains or marks.
- Let your sarong dry well but keep it away from direct heat or sunlight.
- After drying your sarong, iron it carefully on the back.
- Cotton Sarongs
- Put your cotton sarong in cold water and wash it gently. You can also machine-washit if you want.
- Let it dry out well but prevent drying it directly under the sun.
- After drying lay it out on an even surface and iron it nicely.
If you take care of your sarongs properly they, are sure to last long. But if you are bored with your old sarongs the, you can definitely check out new ones on Allsarongs. They have the best of sarong collection you could ever imagine. Visit their website and see it for yourself: allsarongs.com